Thursday 17 July 2014

'low fat' hummus

This is a cheats hummus, the chickpeas are out of a can, I did not peel them and everything was kinda chucked together and tasted along the way. Its low fat as I dont use tahini, it tastes great without it so why add more fat.

1 can of chickpeas 

1/2 lemon juice

1 tbl spoon of olive oil

1 clove of garlic minced

Salt 

I started with draining the chickpeas but keeping the drained water, I used about 3 tablespoons of the water in the hummus, I added everything to a bowl and blended with a hand blender until smooth, seasoning to taste. Add more liquid or olive oil if you want a smoother more runny version, I like mine with a little bit of texture. This is just a basic easy hummus with garlic and lemon to flavour but tastes amazing, look out for my other flavoured hummus being added to the blog shortly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment